It may not seem like it, but the kitchen is not the area of your home that contains the most plumbing. That’s actually the bathrooms, which can account for more than 50% of all freshwater use in a house and contain vital fixtures compressed into a small space.
But the kitchen contains a large amount of plumbing, and many of the fixtures in it are unique to this space. Caring for the plumbing in your home requires knowledge of many different types of appliances and fixtures, whether you need to have new installations, basic repairs, extensive repiping, or regular maintenance. It takes people skilled with kitchen plumbing in Burlington, VT to get these jobs done—and that’s why you should always contact our plumbers, no matter what you need.
Below are a few important kitchen plumbing jobs you may require and which we can handle for you:
- Sink replacement: Is your old kitchen sink an eyesore, or would you prefer a newer one with feature separate bowls and a pull-down faucet? Is the current sink cracked or damaged? Sink replacement isn’t a job you want to do on your own or let an amateur have a crack (heh) at it.
- Garbage disposal service: When an old garbage disposal isn’t doing the job it once did and is frequently shorting out or allowing the drain to become clogged, it’s better to have a new unit put in rather than spend money on fixing the current one. We’ll find the right horsepower of disposal to suit your needs and see it’s fit securely and without danger of leaks.
- Kitchen repiping: If you live in an older home, the kitchen may have pipes that are decaying and corroding with age. The best solution is to have our plumbers do repiping for the kitchen. This involves removing outdated metal like steel and putting in copper, and placing in plastic pipes like PEX and CPVC that are better for hot water lines and less likely to place toxins into the drinking water supply. Repiping is a large job, but we handle it fast and accurately—and you’ll love the improvement afterwards.
- Leak detection and repairs: With all the piping located in the kitchen, it’s an area where leaks can start up—and sometimes go without notice for a long time. Pay close attention to signs of water spotting along cabinets and the flooring, areas where linoleum is starting to peel up, and the development of mold and mildew, particularly in the area under the sink or around the dishwashing machine. These are warning signs of leaks. Our plumbers can ferret these out with special equipment and have them repaired, stopping the damage and saving you money on wasted water.
- New fixture installation: If you’re looking for some basic upgrades to make your kitchen more pleasant, more productive, or any combination of both, you can trust to our plumbers to help out with the new installations. With amateurs, there’s a high risk of creating water leaks from shoddy and rushed work, so make sure you contact plumbers with licensing and the years of experience necessary to get the job done right.
Red Rock Mechanical, LLC serves Northwest Vermont and Northeast New York. We have 24-hour emergency service when you need it.