Indoor Air Quality
The ideal level for relative humidity inside a house is between 30% and 50%. You don’t want to tilt toward either extreme, since the lack of moisture or the excess of it can create comfort problems, construction damage, energy waste, and even health complications.
Regardless of whether your house is too humid or too dry (or possibly both during different times of the year), Red Rock Mechanical, LLC can see that balance is restored. We install whole-house humidifiers and whole-house dehumidifiers that will put your indoor relative humidity at the 30%–50% sweet spot again, no matter the season.
We work with only the best humidifier and dehumidifier brands, and our service is top-notch. You can count on our more than 23 years of experience in Burlington, VT and throughout Northwest Vermont and Northeast New York. We treat everyone with respect and aim to solve problems with the first call.
The Benefits of a Humidifier
Winters here in the Burlington area can often turn dry as moisture is frozen out of the air. This makes it harder to keep warm, and it causes other issues as well. With a whole–house humidifier, you can enjoy these benefits of balanced winter humidity:
- Better comfort: Low humidity means more heat escapes through the skin, making the air feel chillier. When the humidity is balanced, it’s like having an extra layer of clothes on—but less cumbersome!
- Lower energy bills: Your heating bills during a cold Vermont or New York Winter are probably high enough as it is. Don’t let low humidity make you expend more energy running the heater to warm up! A whole–house humidifier means less use of the heater—and lower bills.
- Health improvements: Diseases travels fast in low humidity. Why? Because dry air leads to dried sinuses and mucus membranes, a major defense against colds and flus. A humidifier gives you protection against spreading winter illnesses.
What the Best Dehumidifier Can Do for You
You are probably familiar with the discomfort that humid summer days bring. Having our professionals install an excellent whole–house dehumidifier offers you these advantages:
- Feel cooler: Moisture in the air makes it harder for the human body to release heat through perspiration, and the trapped heat makes a body feel hotter. A dehumidifier will make your house feel 8°F to 10°F cooler on hot days.
- Cut down on AC use: That 8°F to 10°F difference often determines whether your air conditioner is on or off. A dehumidifier will help lower how much you rely on the AC, and you’ll notice a drop in electrical bills.
- Stops mold and mildew: The growth of mildew and harmful molds is one of the most unpleasant side effects of high humidity. Cut off these problems at the source with the best dehumidifier you can find. (We’ll find it for you!)
Dehumidifier Repair and Other Comfort Services in Burlington, VT
Getting the best humidifier or dehumidifier into your home is only a part of our job. We also provide the humidifier and dehumidifier repair work that you may require in the future. Simply call us: we answer the phones 24–hours a day, and you’ll always get a live person, not a recording. We’re also your source for maintenance for all your comfort systems.
Red Rock Mechanical, LLC is a family–owned and operated business. It’s our aim to provide our customers with the special service that they won’t find at a large, impersonal company. We’re your source for home comfort in the Burlington, VT area.