If we had to guess the type of heater that you have in your home for winter comfort, we’d pick a gas furnace—and stand a good chance of being correct. Gas furnaces are the most common type of residential heating system in the country, and in a place like the Plattsburgh area they are highly effective at creating the heating levels necessary to keep back extreme cold.
However, for a gas furnace to work correctly and safely through the winter, it must have annual fall maintenance from professionals. That’s where our HVAC team comes in: we provide the inspections and tune-ups necessary for furnaces to stay reliable through the rough winter season. Contact us today to arrange for your fall heating maintenance.
What Maintenance Does for a Furnace
- Keeps the ignition working: Most furnaces use electronic ignition systems today rather than pilot lights. During inspection, technicians will find if the electronic igniter in a furnace needs to be replaced.
- Checks for safety issues: A major part of a furnace inspection is looking for issues such as cracks in the heat exchanger or signs of corrosion that might make the furnace unsafe. You’ll receive notification of any repairs that may be needed.
- Cleaning: Parts of a furnace require cleaning to remove grime and dirt and allow for proper, efficient operation. The burners in the furnace are the main components that must stay clean. Maintenance technicians will detach the burners to give them an effective cleaning.
- Lubricating moving parts: Motors and other moving parts will receive the lubrication necessary to keep them from generating extra stress or possibly burning out.
- Thermostat recalibration: The indoor thermostat always receives a check to make sure that it is reading temperatures correctly. If it isn’t, the technicians will recalibrate it.
Red Rock Mechanical LLC: Serving Northwest Vermont and the Plattsburgh, NY area for over 23 years.